Friday, August 7, 2009

I will sow what they have reaped

When I returned home I was given the poignant site of where trees stood no longer on the port side of my humble abode. The apartment complex beside my house shared a nice row of shielding trees, but alas no more. What once used to be a literal jungle when I was a youngling, has slowly dwindled into just a few tree around my house. I've a plan...a plan so sinister, and so full of it's own virtue they will wish they'd never seen a chainsaw nor the trees that encased my house. They might have won the battle, but they certainly won't win the war. I happen to love trees, and they just cut their last one down. I will plant as many trees as it takes to build an impenetrable fortress of green. Not just the second class trees that stood tall before lumbering over our two story house, but trees of majesty and elegance. Perhaps a few mighty Maples, mixed in with some Oak, Tulip Poplar, and Cherry trees. I would at this point in time plant a Mimosa tree, I've always wanted one, along with my mom. But when in Rome, I'd plant several. This earth day vengeance wouldn't be complete if I didn't plant an orchard of fruit trees. These would have to come in pairs for pollination sake, if I wanted fruit worth eating at least. Apples, peaches, and pears oh my! I should go ahead and put up a small vineyard in the back as well. I will sow what they have reaped of my preciousness.

I will write some more shade for you to read under later, fair well and hug a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment