Sunday, August 9, 2009

An attempted "Date" perhaps

So I sit hear at a friends house with music blaring and the floor shaking. I'm silent in this arm chair with a laptop warming my legs. I'm switching thoughts like the popping of corn. There is a game of beer pong in the corner, and I'm completely sober. No booze for me, it's better that way. My thoughts are entangled in confusion, curiosity, and sobriety with a hint of other emotions slightly grated over the top; then shook in a bowl thoroughly mixed together. One though continues to surface though.

Over project, I grew closer to the Lord, and in knowledge about being a Godly man. Not that my ways of pursuit towards the opposite sex were wrong, they just needed tweaking. Catching my eye, and mind I wanted to get to know her more, and with a one on one setting. So i prayed. I got in the word. Sought wiser council, and waited. I got the green light, or at least I wasn't shown a red one. I mustered up the courage and went for broke. I chose the ice cream option. Simple, tasty, and not overwhelming like dinner could be. I made my intentions clear, and said I wanted to get to know her better and that I'd like to take her out to ice cream. I guess you might go as far to say this could've been a simple "date". She seem interested enough, and spoke of prior plans earlier in the day with her D-group, but would call me to do such afterwards with me.

Mistake number one. I should've kept the ball in my court, or at least said I'd call her at a specific time; after her prior engagement, this might have abated my confusion.

I cleared my afternoon, eager, nervous, and elated with this chance to get to know her a little better. I wait. I wait. I started a movie, and I wait. Nothing. At a certain point I was to meet my family group, also including her, to go out and eat one last time. I felt distant at dinner. My mind wandered with thoughts of "did she forget? was this a passive no, not to hurt my feelings? miscommunication between us?". I'm not mad by no means at all; just seeking clarity, but slightly disheartened by the situation. So after dinner I decided to make attempt number two, perhaps a refresh of our would-be plans. Ice cream after we returned to the hotel. Given the situation I asked when hardly anyone was around, not wanting to make it awkward for her just in case. Still with interest she answered, but obsticalces appeared along with a constringent weekend of time. "I just don't think there will be time" she said. But never a definite no. I'd like to think I'm fairly intuitive about such things as this, but much gray area was colored in.

I encourage all females to try and be honest with a guy, not brutal, but just honest, it makes things easier for bother parties. I understand not wanting to hurt a guy, especially if he's a good guy, you can't help it if you're not into him in any way, but by not definitely saying no, creates the awkward "2nd asking" and prolongued strangeness for the girl and guy alike.

After this point, I noticed she tended to shy away from me. I felt as if I made her feel strange, or awkward, and I hated that if that was to be the case. On a happyier note, I could always make her laugh, and what a great laugh and smile she has. I'm tired, and should go to bed. I'm sure if you've read this far, you probably don't want to anymore...maybe.

Keep it real, and be brave with a hint of boldness.

No comments:

Post a Comment